MA Economics / Entry requirements
Year of entry: 2020
- View tabs
- View full page
Academic entry qualification overview
A UK 2:1 honours degree (or overseas equivalent) in economics, finance, mathematics or a related subject in which you have achieved a high level of performance. You should normally have a good training in the core areas of microeconomic and macroeconomic theory (up to at least intermediate level) and a strong background in mathematics and statistics.
When applying, please submit these supporting documents, in addition to the online form:
- copy of transcript from undergraduate degrees (interim transcripts are acceptable if you have not yet finished the degree);
- English language evidence (for applicants from non-native English speaking countries).
- IELTS - overall score of 7, including 7 in writing with no further component score below 6.5.
- TOEFL IBT 103 with 28 in writing and no further score below 25 in each section. TOEFL code for Manchester is 0757.
- Pearson - overall 73 with 73 in writing and no further score below 66.
Scores are valid for 2 years.
Please note that CAS statements are issued only when all conditions of the offer have been satisfied, PDF copy of passport received and the offer accepted.
Applicants from certain countries may be exempt from having to provide an IELTS or TOEFL score. For further advice, email email@example.com.
Pre-Sessional English Courses:
If you are eligible to do a pre-sessional English course (either 6 weeks or 10 weeks, depending on your English score), you will need to successfully complete the course at the required level before you are permitted to register on your academic course.