MA Philosophy / Overview
Year of entry: 2019
- Degree awarded
- Master of Arts
- 12 months full-time; 24 months part-time
- Entry requirements
2:1 honours degree (or overseas equivalent) in Philosophy or a degree with a Philosophy component (eg, PPE, Philosophy and Politics).
- How to apply
To request a copy of the Postgraduate prospectus for the School of Social Sciences please email email@example.com
If you are a current undergraduate student at the University of Manchester, you may be eligible to apply via the 'Fast-Track' scheme. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
|Full-time||Part-time||Full-time distance learning||Part-time distance learning|
- Research-led teaching by experts in a wide range of areas of analytical philosophy
- Dedicated support in dissertation planning, research and presentation skills, including help preparing for PhD research
- Seminar-style classes with an emphasis on staff/student interaction
Course Director: Dr Thomas Smith, email; email@example.com
For entry in the academic year beginning September 2019, the tuition fees are as follows:
UK/EU students (per annum): £9,500
International students (per annum): £18,500
UK/EU students (per annum): £4,750
International students (per annum): £9,250
- Faculty of Humanities/School of Social Sciences - Manchester Alumni Scholarship Scheme
- School of Social Sciences - A.N. Prior MA Philosophy Bursary - 2018
Courses in related subject areas
Use the links below to view lists of courses in related subject areas.
Regulated by the Office for Students
The University of Manchester is regulated by the Office for Students (OfS). The OfS aims to help students succeed in Higher Education by ensuring they receive excellent information and guidance, get high quality education that prepares them for the future and by protecting their interests. More information can be found at the OfS website.
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Manchester, including our Degree Regulations and Complaints Procedure, on our regulations website.