Placements, internships and fieldwork
Placements, internships and fieldwork can be a necessary part of your postgraduate research programme. These bring with them many potential benefits, including:
- an opportunity to learn transferable skills and improve your CV;
- enhanced employability prospects;
- making professional contacts;
- the chance to have a significant impact on the performance of an external organisation;
- experience of different workplaces, helping you decide which career, sector or kind of employer is right for you;
- new insights to help develop your research.
The majority of internships and placements are currently organised by your host School or Faculty, so ask about available opportunities at any stage of your application.