Offer-holder next steps

When you have your results, visit UCAS Track to check if we’ve confirmed your place.

Important information for applicants and offer-holders

Coronavirus update

We understand that prospective students and offer-holders may have concerns about the ongoing coronavirus outbreak. 

Read our latest coronavirus information

Next steps

You don't need to call us to confirm your place, we will do it in UCAS Track for you.

We've put together some advice depending on what happens when you get your results, view which one is most appropriate for you. 

Your place is confirmed

If you’ve been accepted, then congratulations you’re coming to Manchester!

You’ll receive official confirmation from UCAS and an email from us asking you to sign up for an IT account and confirm your attendance on the course. Keep an eye out for our email from 19 August onwards but don’t worry if you don’t receive it straight away – we send the emails out in batches over a number of days.

You then need to activate your IT account – the IT sign-up process will give you your central username and password, which you’ll need to access our IT network and Self-Service.

Once you’ve activated your account, you will need to log in to Self Service and confirm your attendance.

Find out more on our Welcome site about becoming a Manchester student. 

Requesting a deferral

If you would like to request a deferral, email your academic School department, making sure you include the following details:

  • Your UCAS personal ID
  • Your name
  • Your UCAS course code

You've received an Unconditional Change Course Offer

If UCAS Track shows a change of course offer this means we have been unable to confirm your place on your chosen course but would very much like you to come to Manchester and so have offered you a place on an alternative course. You can accept or decline this via UCAS Track.

If you wish to discuss this, contact the Admissions Team in the relevant School of Department.

You’ve been unsuccessful

If UCAS Track shows that you've been unsuccessful then we haven’t been able to offer you a place on your chosen course at Manchester. Our courses are very much in demand, which means that this year we haven’t been able to offer as much flexibility as in previous years, and we don’t have any spaces available through clearing. 

You may wish to check the UCAS website to see what vacancies are available at other universities and should speak to your school or college for advice on what to do next. 

If you're unhappy with your grades and choose to appeal, then you must let us know by contacting the Admissions Team in the relevant School of Department. The School will decide, at their discretion, whether they're able to offer you a place as a result of your re-mark. 

Alternatively, you may wish to sit your exams in a future session to try and improve your grades. Further information can be found in our Applicant FAQs including details of those who would be eligible for a guaranteed offer for 2022.

UCAS Track hasn't updated

If your application is still showing as Conditional Firm (CF) on UCAS Track, contact the Admissions Team within the relevant School or Department.

Your decision could be outstanding for a number of reasons so please get in touch and we can help with what to do next.

You want to be released into clearing

If you've changed your mind and no longer wish to join us at Manchester, you can decline your place via UCAS Track. 

This will mean that you are giving up your place and will enter clearing so it is important that you have thought this through and that this is definitely what you want to do.  There is no need to decline your place if you are interested in a different course at Manchester, you can just contact the relevant admissions team for the course to discuss whether you are able to swap.