Bedrooms and bathrooms
The three blocks - Mary Worthington, Ward and Lees - consist of corridor bedrooms with shared bathroom facilities.
Bedrooms vary in size but all have a bed, wardrobe, study desk, chair and bookshelf.
Bathrooms are shared with your corridor and cleaned weekly by our facilities team.
Bedroom features include
- Bed, mattress and cover
- Desk light
- Operator chair
- WiFi access
Shared bathrooms include
- Shower with curtain or door
- Hand basin
Why choose Ashburne Hall?
Ashburne has a rich history with beautiful surrounding gardens.
You'll enjoy shared common areas, including a music room, a library and a lovely dining room where you have your meals.
Standard features include
Utility bills, internet and contents insurance are included and catered halls provide two meals a day, Monday to Friday.
Most halls have bike shelters and storage racks against which you can lock your bike.
Personal possessions insurance is included for your property in halls. View insurance certificate.
All halls have access to washing machines and dryers (online payment via Circuit Laundry).
You'll have access to high-speed WiFi in all hall areas.
The University has a dedicated, first-aid trained security team available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Kettle (for hot water)
- Lounge furniture
Cleaning and domestic equipment
- Mop and bucket
- Vacuum cleaner
- Iron and ironing board
- Waste and recycling facilities
As Ashburne is a catered hall, only small tea rooms are provided where you can make meals outside catering times.
A number of common rooms are dotted around the hall where you can meet to socialise and study.
Travelling to campus
This hall is approximately 2.3 miles from the centre of campus, University Place.
- 28-minute walk via Oxford Road and the Curry Mile.
- 14-minute cycle: Oxford Road and the Fallowfield Loop offer protected cycle routes.
- 10-minute bus journey: you can ride the 147 bus for free with your student card.
Unique support on hand
At Manchester, you’ll be supported from day one by our dedicated team of ResLife Advisors.
- From 6pm to 8am every day, including bank holidays and University closure periods, your ResLife Advisor is there to help you make the most of your time in halls.
- Advisors are students and staff who live in halls with you and can help with anything from academic worries to settling in.
- There's also the Counselling and Mental Health Service, the SafeZone app and Report and Support available.
Life in and around Ashburne Hall
Halls are thriving communities where many students make friends for life.
- Your ResLife and Hall Executive Committees run social events throughout the year, from plant giveaways and yoga to film nights and BBQs.
- This Hall is in the vibrant suburb of Fallowfield with its lively student population and an array of shops, bars and cafes.
- You'll have the University's Armitage Sports Centre and its courts, pitches and gym on your doorstep.
Meet the ResLife team
ResLife offers 24/7 support to students living in halls.
ResLife rep, Eden, introduces the team, what they do and how they can help.