LLM Law / Application and selection
Year of entry: 2020
How to apply
Advice to applicants
Due to high demand for this course, we operate a staged admissions process with selection deadlines throughout the year, as follows:
- 1 November (decision by 8 December; accept offer by 15 January);
- 7 January (decision by 14 February, accept offer by 16 March);
- 2 March (decision by 8 April, accept offer by 8 May);
- 1 May (decision by 1 June, accept offer by 1 July).
If we make you an offer, you will have approximately 4 weeks to accept (conditional and un-conditional offers). Any offers not accepted by the deadline will be withdrawn so that an offer can be made to another candidate.
All conditional offer holders will have until 1 August to satisfy the conditions of their offer.
Due to competition for places, we give preference to students with grades above our minimum entry requirements.
You need to ensure that you submit your supporting documents with your online application as it may delay us processing your application.
Whilst we aim to give you a decision on your application by the decision date, in some instances due to the competition for places/volume of applications received, it may be necessary to roll your application forward to the next deadline date. If this is the case we will let you know after the deadline date.
Applications received after our final selection deadline will be considered at our discretion if places are still available.
We can accept your application before you complete your undergraduate studies; please submit your latest transcripts with your online application.
- all places are subject to availability and if you apply for one of the later dates, some courses may already be closed, we recommend that you apply early in the cycle to secure your place with us;
- meeting the minimum entry requirements does not guarantee an offer;
- you are not required to submit references, but ensure that you put the names and contact details of two academic referees on your form and if we then require references, we will contact them directly.
- if you are a current undergraduate student at the University of Manchester, you may be eligible to apply via the 'Fast-Track' scheme, email email@example.com for further information;
for a copy of the postgraduate prospectus, email firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Manchester Law School does not accept transfer students.