MRes Criminology / Entry requirements
Year of entry: 2019
Academic entry qualification overview
Applicants who are not from or did not graduate from a majority English speaking country as defined by the UKVI are required to hold one of the following English language qualifications:
- IELTS: minimum overall score of 7.0, with 7.0 in Writing and 6.5 in all other sub categories;
- TOEFL (Internet-Based Test): minimum overall score of 100, with 25 in Writing and 22 in all other sub categories;
- Cambridge Proficiency / Advanced: minimum 185 Overall, with 185 in writing and 180 in all other sub categories;
- Pearson English: minimum overall score of 66, with 66 in Writing and 59 in all other sub categories.
The School will also refer applicants who meet the necessary entry requirements to the University's pre-sessional English language courses . The entry requirements for these language courses are:
- 6 week course (PS6) - IELTS: minimum overall score of 6.5, with 6.5 in Writing and no less than 6.0 in all other sub categories;
- 10 week course (PS10) - IELTS: minimum overall score of 6.0, with no less than 6.0 in all other sub categories.
Booking deadlines apply.
If you have already met our academic requirements and English language requirements, a single visa may be issued covering both the pre-sessional course and the Master degree. If, however, you obtain a conditional offer and your academic results are pending you may still enrol in a pre-sessional course on a separate visa. If a separate visa is required, only UKVI-IELTS taken at UKVI approved IELTS centres globally will be accepted for entry on to a pre-sessional English course.