MA International Education (TESOL) / Application and selection
Year of entry: 2021
- View tabs
- View full page
How to apply
Due to the high demand for this course, we operate a staged admissions process with selection deadlines throughout the year.
This is a competitive application process and preference will be given to applicants with grades above our minimum entry requirements.
- Stage 1 : Applications received by 30 October 2020; decisions communicated by 29 January 2021.
- Stage 2: Applications received by 8 January 2021; decisions communicated by 26 March 2021.
- Stage 3: Applications received by 5 March 2021; decisions communicated by 7 May 2021.
- Stage 4: Applications received by 30 April 2021; decisions communicated by 2 July 2021.
You need to ensure that you submit all your supporting documents with your online application. We can accept your application before you complete your undergraduate studies as long as you submit your latest interim transcripts with your application.
Whilst we aim to give you a decision by the decision date, in some instances due to the competition for places and the volume of applications received, it may be necessary to roll your application forward to the next deadline date. If this is the case we will let you know.
All places are subject to availability and the course may close before the later stages. We therefore recommend that you apply early in the admissions cycle. Applications received after the final deadline may be considered at our discretion if places are still available.
Advice to applicants
- copies of official degree certificates and transcripts of your previous study, showing the subjects taken and grades obtained. If these documents are in languages other than English please provide official translations;
- two written references, one of which should be familiar with your academic work, signed, dated and stamped by the referee and on official headed paper;
- a personal statement (maximum 500 words) detailing why you wish to study the course, your experiences, what you can bring to the course and any other information that you see as relevant to your application;
- your CV;
- copies of English Language Certification, eg IELTS, TOEFL or Pearson test score report.
Ensure that you enclose all the necessary documents, as the delay caused in having to seek any missing documents from you might adversely prejudice your application.
How your application is considered
Once your application has been received, our admissions team will contact you. We may ask you to submit additional information, if necessary.
If you decide to accept your offer, when you arrive in Manchester you will be required to show to us the original documents which demonstrate your academic qualifications and your English language ability.
Overseas (non-UK) applicants
We accept a range of qualifications from different countries.
For these and general requirements including English language see accepted entry qualifications from your country
If you applied in the previous year and your application was not successful you may apply again.
Your application will be considered against the standard course entry criteria for that year of entry.
In your new application, you should demonstrate how your application has improved.
We may draw upon all information from your previous applications or any previous registrations at the University as a student when assessing your suitability for your chosen course.