Funding contacts and resources
We have listed postgraduate research funding contacts and resources from across and outside the University to help you find out what support might be available.
University of Manchester academic Schools and Departments
Department, School and Faculty websites
Department, School and Faculty websites may contain more detailed information about funding for the specific programme(s) you are interested in, particularly about project specific studentships, which are advertised throughout the year.
Faculty of Science and Engineering
- Department of Chemical Engineering and Analytical Science
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences
- Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Department of Materials
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Mechanical, Aerospace and Civil Engineering
- Department of Physics and Astronomy
Faculty of Humanities
- School of Arts, Languages and Cultures
Incorporating Archaeology, Art History and Visual Studies, Classics and Ancient History, Drama, East Asian Studies, English, American Studies and Creative Writing, French Studies, German Studies, History, Italian Studies, Linguistics and English Language, Middle Eastern Studies, Music, Religions and Theology, Russian and East European Studies and Spanish, Portuguese and Latin American Studies, Translation and Intercultural Studies
- School of Environment, Education and Development
Incorporating the Global Development Institute (GDI) with the disciplines of Architecture, Geography, Planning and Landscape, and Education.
- School of Social Sciences
- Incorporating Criminology, Economics, Law, Politics, Philosophy, Social Anthropology, Sociology and Census and Survey Research.
- Alliance Manchester Business School
Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health
Other University departments
Our Careers Service has a whole section just for postgraduates, with advice on a huge range of careers paths. If you are looking to pursue a career in academia, our award-winning website, An Academic Career, is an invaluable resource.
The International Office can give guidance on a range of issues for international students. Their web pages include information on tuition fees, UK banking, currency and the costs of living in the UK.
Students Services Centre
Staff in the Student Services Centre (SSC) can provide advice on tuition fees, US and Canadian loans, and the Access to Learning Fund (which is a fund to help students during term time who need extra financial support due to unexpected costs or personal circumstances).
In addition, the International Student Advice Team, based in the SSC, can advise on working in the UK and immigration issues.
To contact the SSC call +44 (0)161 275 5000 or email email@example.com.