Congratulations on becoming an offer-holder in BA Social Sciences (BASS) at The University of Manchester.
You’ll be able to find connections and have the freedom to follow your own interests across six disciplines: Philosophy, Criminology, Politics, Social Anthropology, Sociology and Data Analytics.
Create a degree that suits your interests, with more than 260 course units to choose from.
Gain first-hand experience with paid work placements through Q-Step at World Bank, YouGov, and more.
Your next steps
Learning and support
Your learning experience
Support on your course
How we help you on your journey.
You’ll be assigned an Academic Advisor to support you throughout university and beyond.
Enjoy the opportunities to flourish with a professional experience year and other practical applications of study.
Why study Social Sciences?
Calvin tells us why he chose to study Social Sciences at Manchester.
The Cathie Marsh Institute for Social Research
Our core mission is to provide rigorous empirical answers to contemporary social and political questions.
Careers and employability
Make your mark at Manchester
BA Social Sciences (BASS) at Manchester opens a whole world of career opportunities.
Develop your skills in analytical thinking, reasoned argument and systematic expression of ideas, and gain first-hand experience through all the opportunities available at The University of Manchester.
Manchester’s Q-Step Centre
Q-Step focuses specifically on the development of career-related quantitative skills, giving you an added edge in the competitive graduate jobs market.
Improve your skills for a competitive edge in the graduate jobs market.
Courses within this subject area
Remind yourself how much your course at Manchester has to offer you.
Follow the relevant link for details about the course you have an offer for:
- Criminology and Data Analytics BASS
- Philosophy and Criminology BASS
- Philosophy and Data Analytics BASS
- Philosophy and Politics BASS
- Politics and Criminology BASS
- Politics and Data Analytics BASS
- Politics and Social Anthropology BASS
- Politics and Sociology BASS
- Social Anthropology and Criminology BASS
- Social Anthropology and Data Analytics BASS
- Social Anthropology and Philosophy BASS
- Social Anthropology and Sociology BASS
- Sociology and Criminology BASS
- Sociology and Data Analytics BASS
- Sociology and Philosophy BASS