Nigeria / Visa information
All Nigerian nationals who wish to study in the UK will need to apply for a study visa before they are eligible to enter the UK and begin their programme of study.
Visit our visa guidance page for advice on what you need to consider with regard to your student visa.
Obtaining a visa can be a time-consuming process in Nigeria and, as such, we recommend that students contact one of our educational advisors or agents (see the ‘Contacts’ tab above for their contact details).
Our representatives often conduct visa seminars or advice sessions which are sometimes free, especially if you hold an offer from us. Therefore, if you decide to seek visa advice from one of our agents, inform them that you are a University of Manchester offer-holder and that you found out about their services from our website.
Early tuition fee payments
Though generally not a requirement, some students may wish to make full or partial payment towards their tuition fees in advance of their arrival in Manchester. We are able to issue a receipt against such payment, which can be presented in support of a visa application.
The Advance Payment Facility is available to any non-MBA applicant who has firmly accepted an unconditional offer for an academic course at the University (ie not pre-sessional English courses, which have separate mechanisms).
The process for making payments is as follows:
1. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following details:
- University ID number (this is on your application correspondence)
- Full name
- Date of birth in the format DD/MM/YYYY (eg 1 May 1997= 01/05/1997)
- Programme title
- Tuition fees due
- Amount to be pre-paid in pounds sterling (£)
We will then reply to your email advising you of the different payment methods available.
2. If you need to speak to somebody about this, please telephone the Student Services Centre during working hours (10am–4pm, Monday–Friday) on +44 161 275 5000 and select option 4 on the automatic menu.
3. Once payment has been received the Student Services Centre will email you a confirmation receipt.
(Please note that payment will be refunded to the original payer should you fail to obtain a visa for the UK).