USA / Scholarships
The University of Manchester offers a wide range of scholarships to US students. Many of these are awarded on academic merit.
We are pleased to have funded a Fulbright-University of Manchester Award for master’s study for September 2018 entry.
We have previously hosted Fulbright scholars undertaking master’s courses in Law, Social Anthropology, International Relations and Development Economics.
The University offers Marshall Scholarships for graduate study in any subject at either master’s or doctoral level (excluding the MBA). In 2016 The University of Manchester welcomed five Marshall scholars to a wide range of programmes.
Previous Marshall Scholars have studied a wide range of subjects, including MA Humanitarianism and Conflict Response, Art Gallery and Museum Studies and MSc International Development.
An initiative that was set up by University of Manchester US alumni, NAFUM is an independent foundation that supports our work and enhances our reputation in the US. The aim of the award is to provide a range of prestigious master's scholarships to attract excellent students to our University.
Some of our Schools will offer partial scholarships or bursaries; however, these do not always cover the full cost of tuition and living expenses. Details will be advertised on the relevant School website when scholarships are available.
The Alliance Manchester Business School is offering master's scholarships for US residents for 2021 entry.
Five scholarships are available across all Alliance Manchester Business School master's courses, with a value of £10,000 towards the tuition fee. The scholarships will be awarded in line with our application deadlines, so early application is advisable.
Global Futures Scholarship
The University of Manchester is proud to offer awards totalling £300,000 to international students, commencing their studies in September 2021. The scholarship is open to prospective undergraduate (bachelor’s degree) students.
The University of Manchester is proud to offer ten undergraduate scholarships to international students domiciled in the US.
A total of five IB scholarships will be awarded based on academic excellence. These will be open to applicants domiciled in the United States.
These consist of ten awards of £5,000 for the first year of study with a further £5,000 awarded in the second year of study, conditional on attainment of 60% average in the first year.
Scholarships will be awarded in the form of an appropriate discount against published tuition fees.
For the purpose of these awards, students will be considered from international fee-paying students domiciled in the US.
- Applicants must have, or be working towards, either A-levels or the IB Diploma qualification and must be applying for direct first year entry.
- Applicants for the US awards must have accepted a conditional or unconditional offer to study a full-time programme at Manchester and must submit an online scholarship application form by 20 May 2021 with awards made following the confirmation of IB and A-level results in July and August 2021. The application form will be emailed to all relevant offer-holders.
- Applicants will be considered for the award based on academic merit and the quality of their scholarship application.
- Applicants must be self-funded (ie not sponsored).
- Applicants for Medicine (MBChB) Dentistry (BDS) or Architecture degrees are not eligible for the award.
- Applicants must have selected The University of Manchester as their firm or insurance UCAS choice by 10 June 2021.
The above is a summary for you to initially check your eligibility. Make sure you download and read our full Terms and Conditions.
You must submit an online scholarship application form by 20 May 2021. The application form will be emailed to all relevant offer-holders.
Awards made following the confirmation of IB and A-level results in July and August 2021.