Vietnam / Scholarships
Global Futures Scholarship
The University of Manchester is proud to offer awards totalling more than £1.7 million to international students, commencing their studies in September 2022. The scholarship is open to both prospective undergraduate and postgraduate students.
We are offering seven merit-based undergraduate scholarships of £5,000 to international students domiciled in the following countries in Southeast Asia:
Students must be taking one of the following qualifications: A-Level, IB, Integrated Programme (Singapore), STPM (Malaysia).
Please note the application form will only be made available to you once you have applied and received an offer.
The Global Futures Scholarships will be awarded based on academic excellence and your responses to questions in the online application form which will be emailed to all eligible offer holders.
Each award comprises £5,000 for the first year of study with a further £5,000 awarded in the second year of study, conditional on attainment of 60% average in the first year.
Scholarships will be awarded in the form of an appropriate discount against published tuition fees.
Summary of eligibility criteria
Applications will be considered from international fee-paying students domiciled in Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore, Indonesia, Vietnam
- Applicants must be applying for direct first-year entry in 2022 and have, or be working towards one of the following qualifications: A-Level, IB, Integrated Programme (Singapore), STPM (Malaysia).
- Applicants for the Southeast Asia awards must have accepted a conditional or unconditional offer to study a full-time programme at Manchester and must submit an online scholarship application form by 22 May 2022.
- Awards will be made following the confirmation of examination results between February and August 2022 depending on the qualification taken.
- The application form will be emailed to all relevant offer-holders.
- Applicants will be considered for the award based on academic merit and the quality of their scholarship application.
- Applicants must be self-funded (ie not sponsored).
- Applicants for Medicine (MBChB) Dentistry (BDS) or Architecture degrees are not eligible for the award.
- Applicants must have selected The University of Manchester as their FIRM UCAS choice by 22 May 2022.
The above is a summary for you to initially check your eligibility, make sure you download and read our full undergraduate Global Futures Scholarship terms and conditions document.
How to apply
You must submit an online scholarship application form by 22 May 2022. The link to the online application form will be emailed to all relevant offer-holders. All scholarship applicants will be notified of the University’s decision by August 2022 following the release of all exam results.
Our Alliance Manchester Business School is offering master's scholarships for Vietnam residents for 2022 entry.
Two scholarships are available across all Alliance Manchester Business School master's courses, with a value of £10,000 towards the tuition fee. The scholarships will be awarded in line with our application deadlines so early application is advisable.