USA / Study abroad

If you are currently enrolled at a US university or college of higher education, you can apply to join us at The University of Manchester for one semester or a full academic year.

The Manchester Study Abroad Programme is particularly suited to US students, as many American undergraduate degree programmes offer the opportunity to spend time at an international institution.

Most students will join us in their junior year, but we also welcome applications from students in their sophomore or senior years. If you would like to join us in the spring semester of your senior year, it is worth noting that examination results in Manchester are not normally available until July.

You can choose from a wide range of courses at The University of Manchester and select units from across several disciplines to either fulfil your general education requirements or obtain credit towards your major.

The University of Manchester has university-wide exchange agreements with a number of institutions in the USA. For more information see our full list of partner universities.

Entry requirements for Study Abroad students are a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0. Students can apply directly to The University of Manchester or through Arcadia College of Global Studies, Eurolearn or the Cooperative Center for Study Abroad (CCSA).